Written from a beach in Chacala Mexico during a yoga retreat with my mom
1. Don’t take life too seriously, you’ll never make it out alive.
2. Say yes to activities that make your palms sweat.
3. Know three good jokes. At least one of them needs to be appropriate.
4. Always look someone in the eyes while saying “Cheers.”
5. Do the work now, you can enjoy yourself later.
6. Never shake someone’s hand while you are sitting down.
7. Holding drinks in your left hand leaves the right free for handshakes and high-fives.
8. Having good manners pays off in unexpected ways.
9. Always be respectful, kind, and genuine.
10. Arrive early to everything. Being late is not an option.
11. Be honest. If you lose someone’s trust you can never fully gain it back.
12. Surround yourself with people who make you want to be a better human.
13. If you feel that you are the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.
14. You cannot control the universe, but you can decide how you react to it.
15. Remember people’s names and use them often.
16. Find a poem that moves you, and memorize it.
17. Be an expert at making fun of yourself.
18. Remember that being happy is contagious. Smile.
19. When someone asks you for a favor, do it immediately. Don’t make them ask again.
20. Say please and thank you.
21. Being a good listener is more important than being a good speaker.
22. Know how to give a toast that isn’t cringe-worthy.
23. Holding a grudge is like holding plank position: it sucks and you can’t do it forever.
24. Be the first to admit you made a mistake. Then fix it.
25. Hard work and discipline are the keys to the kingdom.